My Top 5 Top 5
1. Top 5 Recording Artists
– The Clash
– Johnny Cash
– Stiff Little Fingers
– Led Zeppelin
– The JAMs / KLF
2. Top 5 Records for a Monday
– Social Distortion – Social Distortion
– AC/DC – Back in Black
– Go Home Productions – This Was Pop
– Johnny Cash – At Folsom Prison
– Dean Gray – American Edit
3. Top 5 Books
– Getting Things Done
– Good to Great
– The Wisdom of Crowds
4. Top 5 Things I Miss About My Wife
– The smile she gets when she sits down to a fajita dinner I made
– Her habit of kicking me when she sleeps
– Her shedding
– Her leather pants
– That smirk she has right about now, reading this
5. Top 5 Things I Liked About This Movie
– John Cusack talking to the camera. Normally, this is a fatal error, but he pulls it off.
– The soundtrack. I had forgotten about Stiff Little Fingers (buy this) until I saw this movie (again) a few years ago. The Beta Band? Yeah, they are that good. Go buy this one single from iTunes.
– Jack Black. He’s on fire in this film, a complete spaz. Great character, one that I suspect is not too far off from the real Jack Black.
– Charlie. No, I don’t have any girlfriends from my past who turned out like her.
– Bruce Freakin’ Springsteen, making a cameo as himself to sing a song. Awesome.
Watch this movie once. If you like it, go buy it, because it’s the type of movie that you’ll want to see again in 8 or 10 months.